Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Random Thoughts of Today

- Today was a good day!

- As I sit at my desk and type this, I am listening to the loudest thunder ever! I LOVE thunderstorms, but this is a little much! Haha.

- I have started doing my homework before dinner, so that the rest of my nights are free! I like it this way.

- I've gotten to where I can shower, get ready, and eat breakfast in exactly one hour.

- Today was so stinking hot. I felt like I was in Arkansas again! I'm thankful for the coolness brought by the rain!

- Amy, Hannah, and I made a meal plan and budget for our trip to the beach this weekend. We are going grocery shopping tomorrow. How adult of us!

- We also went to the bus station and got our bus tickets for Thursday.

- I tear up every time I see a homeless person.

- We are best friends with the people that work at this cheese store we pass every day on our way home from school. We are also best friends with the guy that counts the people that get on the bus every morning and the guy that runs the gate to our neighborhood.

- I learned today that "Mas por Menos" (the grocery store that we go to about every other day) is owned by Wal-Mart.

- My Keens stink really bad.

- I got a new towel today! (If you've been reading, you know how special this is!)

- I sleep with the ants. I shower with the beetles. I hang out with the mosquitos. And I go to class with the spiders.

- Even though the Spanish word for stop is "Parar" and the word "Alto" means tall, the stop signs here say "Alto" instead of "Pare." This makes no sense to me.

Thanks for reading my random thoughts today. :)

Oh, and below is a picture of one of my classrooms. I don't know why the word "chauvinist" is written on the board. Haha.



Hasta luego amigos!

1 comment:

  1. I love your random thoughts, they are so....random and thoughtful! I just have a few random responses to them. I am proud of your organization, time management, and adult shopping skills; it is "very" hot here at home;
    it is good that you recognize the helpful and sometimes less fortunate people that you encounter each day' and didn't you know that Wal-Mart pretty much owns the whole world? I, too, always thought "alto" meant stop. If not, why is it on their stop signs? Looking forward to seeing you in person again!

    ReplyDelete